Faces of Job Corps: Amanda S.
Amanda came to Oneonta Job Corps Academy at the age of 17, hoping to get away from a dramatic home life and be able to focus on getting an education that would allow her to be successful. After enrolling Amanda accomplished the following:
– Earned her General Education Diploma.
– Completed Finance and Business Trade.
– Served as Student Government Association President.
– Functioned as a Teaching Assistant for Career Preparation Period 1 class assisting students with adjusting to life at the academy.
– Graduated from Utica School of Commerce with an Associate’s Degree in Administrative Assistance through the Advanced Career Training program.
– Will continue her education in the Fall of 2010 at SUNY IT with a degree in Sociology